Friday, February 20, 2009

Healthy Options

Poor Enzo is sick with a cough and high fever, but when I called 'Dra. Cula' for advice, instead of prescribing anything new she made me buy zinc and a mask... for myself.

"You need to protect yourself; you know how bad it is when you get hawa from the kids."

Zinc alone is not something you can get at Mercury, so I went with Max to the new Healthy Options at Greenbelt 5 to look for chelated zinc. And when I walked into the newly-opened store -- all brightly lit in green and white, bigger store area and better stocked!-- I felt a wow, then an almost uncontrollable urge to buy out the store.

I had to keep my blinders on, but after I found my bottle of zinc, we peeked at the freezer section (organic chicken nuggets at php450! aray.) and found some frozen berries and vegetables that were a really good deal.

When your child goes home smiling because you bought him raisins and frozen all-natural raspberries for his fruit shakes, you know you've raised a kid who will probably make good food choices as an adult.

Guess there is a bit of brainwashing on my part, but I wasn't faking as I browsed through the store and exclaimed over all yummy healthy stuff available. I promised to go back for some organic mac and cheese though, lol. And maybe some fruit leather.

I wish I had a lot of money, if only to be able to eat the way I want without worrying about price...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess B says you can make me a raspberry shake any day. All natural, all organic, all Princess B. And I mean a raspberry shake - nuthin' here about shaking my raspberries!