Saturday, December 13, 2008

Enzo at 10

Enzo, my crazy, sensitive, funny little boy has turned 10. I continued his Dad's family tradition and spanked him 10 times, plus a hard 11th to make him grow. Yes, my petite Enzo may not be growing as fast as his brothers are, but he sure is "growing up" more than most kids his age!

Because of all of his questions, I end up talking about so many adult things, but I need to remember that I do not want to encourage my kids to think/worry about adult concerns like money and business. Not quite yet.

Yet, you cannot deny that this boy is money-minded. He has 11,000 already saved up in the bank, and he has started insisting that I move his money to a time deposit so he can get more interest. Can you believe that... And now that he received some birthday cash, and an advanced xmas gift from Mamita, he will definitely surpass his end-of-the-school-year goal of 13,000.

Mamita said today, "You're just like your Dad! How he liked to save his money!" and his face just beamed. I like how kilig the boys get when they are compared to their Dad in any small way... These are the ways they will continue to identify with Cyril even if he is no longer around.

Happy birthday, Enzo, love you!

No comments: