Monday, March 30, 2009

That's What Friends Are For...

... to help you get through difficult times with a smile on your face and gratefulness in your heart. Thank you to all the people who, over the past few years, propped me up and kept me from tipping over into a pit of despair.

I took time to think about our doctor's in Indiana -- Dr. Rafat Abonour (love him), Dr. Lawrence Einhorn, and Dr. Anuj Agarwalla, my favorite resident! -- and I hope I remember to write them a little note in remembrance. The transplant nurses were such amazing people and I wish I could go back to give them all hugs, as many as they gave me all throughout. Maddie and her whole crazy family were another godsend, as was the beautiful, equally-nutty Nicolas family!(still can't believe Tony made me work a shotgun in the woods, lol)

I've wondered about this before, about why the experience at IU was so much better than any of the multiple ones at MSK. Sure, the doctors at Sloan couldn't be any better, given their reputation and expertise, but it was the people at Indiana who really made everything a human (and humane) experience.

I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Einhorn for giving us HOPE when everyone else had given up. That's why he continues to be such a pioneer in his field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Einhorn
http://www.wkkf.org/default.aspx?tabid=119&CID=297&ItemID=20&NID=181&LanguageID=0
https://www.piedmontmountainsidehospital.org/diw/Content.asp?PageID=DIW009014

To all my other friends, here and all over the world, who wrote me and sent me photos, mass cards, silly text messages... who hung out with me, forced me to go out, didn't judge me and my coping methods... who took the time be with my kids, made them feel loved... who continue to talk about Cyril and all his hobbies, quirks and accomplishments... I love you all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to you and the boys, from your friends and their babies :)