Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time for Change

Today, I feel the burden of responsibility very heavily. Coming home and facing all the problems you left behind is quite a feeling.

I know the my status quo is temporary, but I've been on pause for too long. Something has to change, but I can't put a finger to it... What a mess, to not even know what you want!

I thought that visiting with sis and being away for a while would give me time to think, but the trip turned into a denial fest full of fun. Fantasy lures with her siren song.

For those who know that I only write when I'm bothered, take this as a tipping point... I woke up with a start this morning, with a thought of startling clarity -- There is something fundamentally wrong with the way I'm living my life.

I don't want to skim through life, settling all along the way. I don't want to be guided by desires, laziness, rebellion, anger and regret. I need to be able to find true passion, integrity and focus in my daily life. I need this to happen for me, because for far too long, I've been dependent on the trivial. I've lost sight.

Maybe it's time for me to start praying again.

No comments: