Saturday, October 18, 2008

Money, Money, Money.

If I'm feeling profound and optimistic about things, I think Iike this:
"If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy." - proverb.

But if I'm really honest with myself, this is how I usually think:
"Money, if it does not make you happy, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." - Helen Gurley Brown.

It's kinda embarassing that the woman who created the ultimate Cosmo girl resonates more with me than age-old wisdom. I don't consider myself to be a FFF (fun, fearless, female), but maybe that's who I have to become to feel like I have more control over my finances/life.

Suze Ormon resonates with me too, but isn't she just like Helen Gurley Brown? Instead of empowerment through sexual freedom and knowledge though, Suze wants every woman to be aware of and have control over her money and financial future. I like her.

No comments: